Anacortes Diving & Supply is proud to offer personalized training for the beginning scuba diver. Our professional instructors will guide you step-by-step from snorkeling to more advanced scuba skills. You will train with the most up to date equipment that makes diving safer, easier and more enjoyable. Register today and join us in the fascinating underwater world.
Benefits of our Certification course:
- Home Study; do all book work and DVD viewing in the comfort of your own home.
- 5 classroom sessions, 4 pool sessions (2) hours each for a total of 8 hours of training in the pool! Open Water dives in the Puget Sound include 1 Snorkel dive and 5 Training Scuba dives.
- Purchase your own Total Diving System and use all your own equipment in class. To help build confidence and increase your comfort level to become a better diver!
- Think the water might be to cold for you? Have no fear, we offer certification in a Drysuit.
Our course runs over a two week period. We start on a Monday night for class orientation, then Tuesday and Thursday night from 6:00-10:30 pm the first week. That Saturday we do a Snorkel dive and one Scuba dive. We meet again Tuesday and Thursday, same time, and then head out and do two Scuba dives on Saturday and two Scuba dives on Sunday. Can’t make our schedule? No problem, Executive courses are always available for any schedule.
All Courses are not Created Equal:
- At Anacortes Diving & Supply we pride ourselves in operating a Professional Dive Center with the students’ safety as our number one concern!
- More pool practice time, 8 hours of pool instead of the required 5 hours.
- More Open Water Dives, 3 days of diving instead of 2! This makes you a better and more confident diver.
- We offer options such as Drysuit and Computer Specialties with your Open Water Course.
- Locally owned and operated in Anacortes for over 37 years! Our experience makes a difference.
- Be in good health, a moderately good swimmer, and at ease in the water. The swim test consists of swimming 200 yards and treading water for 10 minutes.
- Be at least twelve (12) years of age by the beginning of class.
- Students are required to own their personal snorkeling system (mask, snorkel, fins, boots & gloves) by the first class session. We have several packages to choose from.
- Class tuition is due in full to save your spot for the course.
- Students must purchase the student educational course kit. This kit includes manual, workbook, video, dive tables, and carrying case.
- Each student will need to purchase an SDI Divelog for class.
How do I get started?
Easy. Swing by or drop us an email and we will set up an appointment with a staff member to go over all the details with you and show you around the store. Purchase your student educational course kit, there is some paperwork and a medical that you need to fill out and paid in full tuition will hold your spot in class for the month you choose.
One of our trained staff members will walk you through the equipment that you will need for class and help you find just the right fit. Fit and comfort are extremely important in Scuba.
Why wait? Get started today! We look forward to helping you achieve your Adventure of a Lifetime! To learn more about the SDI system, visit SDI
Introduction to Scuba Program
Not sure if Scuba is for you? The Introduction to Scuba is a one night classroom and pool session with a whole lot of fun! We teach you basic information about Scuba, then we are off to the pool to give it a try! No equipment necessary! We will supply everything you need for a great night of fun! This is the perfect idea for an office party, birthday or family get together. (Children must be 8 years old and accompanied by a parent).
Warm Water Referral Program
So, you don't think the cold water is for you? No problem, we have a program that is suited for the warm water diver only. Rather than spend a good portion of your next vacation studying for your dive classes, do all the classroom and pool sessions at Anacortes Diving. When you arrive at your tropical destination you spend just 2 days doing your Open Water Certification dives!